On June 8, 2017 Minister of State for Civil Aviation, Jayant Sinha launched the report on ‘DigiYatra’.
‘DigiYatra’ initiative aims to bring together entire industry to develop a digital ecosystem that will deliver Indian customers a seamless, consistent and paperless service experience at every touch point of their journey.
The Ministry of Civil Aviation is adding a Digital experience for AirTravellers through DigiYatra Platform.
‘DigiYatra’ is an industry-led initiative co-ordinated by the Ministry in line PM Modi’s Digital India’s vision to transform the nation into a digitally empowered society.
This follows Air Sewa which brings together all the stakeholders on a common platform for handling customer grievances and disseminating real-time data.
DigiYatra initiative envisages providing airline travellers in India, a pioneering ‘digitally unified flying experience’ across all stages of their journey.
All aviation stakeholders – airlines, airport operators, security and immigration agencies, cab operators, retail establishment and others are working to devise digital standards which can enable seamless exchange of data and information.
He said that these standards can power unique applications which can deliver a delightful experience for air travellers.
The Digitising data would help the aviation industry gather meaningful insights for continuous improvement and innovation.
This initiative has emerged after six months of comprehensive discourse with various ecosystem players.
The platform will be built on 4 key pillars, like Connected Passengers, Connected Airports, Connected Flying and Connected Systems which can make it possible over a period of time for passengers to:
• Plan their trips efficiently by identifying price trends and estimate future airfares at the time of ticket booking,
• Optionally link their Aadhaar to airlines and other ecosystem players at the time of booking for faster airport entry and automated check-ins without requiring any paper-based interventions,
• Walk-through security scanners swiftly owing to advanced biometric security solutions,
• Receive relevant information pertaining to various facilities, protocols, airline timings, queue lengths at airports etc.,
• Engage in customised digital offerings at experience zones,
• Get real time notifications about congestion and delays to have greater visibility on the next step of journey,
• Conveniently navigate through the airport using digital guidance systems, interactive kiosks and augmented reality apps,
• Stay connected during flights and indulge in immersive experiences. Also book in-flight services and destination based offerings digitally,
• Get a prompt when their luggage reaches the baggage claim belt , and
• Submit grievances, share experiences and provide feedback.