Three yrs of Ministry of Skill Development
On June 6, 2017 marking the completion of three years of inclusive growth and development under the NDA government, Minister of State (I/C), Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Rajiv Pratap Rudy said “Skill India is a silent revolution that is underway and it is a joint investment that the government along with the private partners is making for the future growth of the country”.
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY), which was launched on July 15, 2015 alone has witnessed more than 26. 5 lakh people getting trained in skills of their choice till date, of which 50 per cent are women candidates.
The key achievements could be listed as:
• More than 1.17 crore people trained under MSDE programs
• 26.5 lakhs candidates trained under MSDE's flagship scheme Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
• More than 4.82 lakh people were brought into the organised sector through the recognition of prior learning program under PMKVYwhich recognises existing skills and certifies youth (13000 Rubber Tappers, More than 250 Railway Porters and 1500 Employees of Rashtrapati Bhawan)
• More than 480 Pradhan MantriKaushalKendras have been announced which would be model centres for skilling and would be in each district of the country for ease of skilling. 162 are already been established.
• More than 1381 new ITIs have been opened with more than 5 lakh seats and the entire ecosystem of ITIs have been reinvigorated and reenergised
• More than 1 crore people have been trained under NSDC's short term skilling ecosystem since its inception
• Pradhan Mantri Yuva Yojana was also launched to promote young entrepreneurs and self sustainability. Target to cover 14.5 lakhs over the next 5 years
• To cater to the increasing demand for drivers, MSDE also launched Driver Training institutes across the nation. There is a target to open 50 of them by end of 2017.
• Special schemes like Udaan in J&K and others in North East have brought avenues of growth and opportunities to youth in these focused regions
• 4 new ATIs have been upgraded into India institute of skills modelled after ITE Singapore
• MSDE focuses on bringing heavy quality focus in skills through Adhaar alignment, strengthened monitoring and better curriculum. It is also supported by world bank schemes like strive and SANKALP
• MSDE has established convergence through common norms, National skills qualification framework and ISO certification of ITIs
• Skill India also promotes Inclusion and diversity across all programs specially for disability
• India has partnered with 11 countries in the skills agenda promoting global mobility
• Skill support all national missions and partners with 18 out of 20 ministries today
• MSDE also has support from states on infrastructure and skill education in schools/universities
• MSDE has successfully created Industry linkages through apprenticeship, CSR, partnerships in infrastructure and hiring. More than 6 lakh apprentices have been engaged under NAPS
• MSDE with MHRD has partnered to create bridge courses For academic equivalence of ITI students
• Skill India through its technology applications brings in ease of managing systems in process in India
• MSDE has conducted special skill development projects with Armed Forces (Navy, Army, AirForce) , CRPF jawans etc